Our therapeutic counselling services help people deal with a full range of life events – from coping with daily pressures, to overcoming abuse, to dealing with mental health issues. We can work with you to get you on the path to wellness, whether it be individually, as a couple or with family.
We are committed to treating all clients with respect and compassion, and helping people from all faiths and cultural backgrounds. We currently offer therapy in English, French and Spanish. Our therapeutic counselling services are available to all people who wish to make positive changes in their lives.
Select a Type of Counselling Below to Learn More
Due to being a not-for-profit our fees for therapeutic counselling are much lower than the fees charged by many private professional providers. Our standard fee for a one hour session is $85. However, fee subsidies are available for persons who are not able to afford this cost. The amount of subsidy available depends on the household’s income and number of dependents… and of course, our level of funding.
Extended health benefits (i.e. Blue Cross, Manulife etc.) may cover the cost of counselling. Each plan is unique; so it is the responsibility of the client to see what his or her plan covers and what limitations, if any, apply.
If your employer has an Employee Assistance Program then you and your family members may use the services included in your program at no cost. Your employer pays for these services as part of your employee benefits package. To know whether or not you are entitled to access the services of Family Service EAP contact your human resources or benefits department.
- Fees for services are to be paid at each session unless other arrangements have been made
- Receipts (in the name of the client being seen) are issued for payments
- Fees are charged for a minimum of one hour; after the hour, fees are in 15-minute increments
- Failure to keep a scheduled appointment or cancel by noon of the working day prior may result in being charged for the session
- Our Charlottetown office is only able to accept debit and cash payments; our Summerside office accepts cash only. Personal checks are NEVER accepted.